Saturday, January 10, 2009

Photo of the Day January 10th


Sophie will be starting an introductory dance class called "Ballet Babies" on Monday, and in anticipation I took her to Len's Mill store to pick out fabric to make a dance skirt. She's been admiring the tutus that traditional ballerina's wear, but I wanted to go with something a bit smaller and easier to move in. I gave her the option to choose whatever fabric she wanted (preparing to veto if she picked out animal-print fun fur or something) and this was what she decided on: a light gauzy netting similar to what you would see in a tutu and oh so RED! I spent the evening re-familiarizing myself with machine sewing using my Mother-in-Law Shirley's sewing machine, and am pretty happy with the results. All that remains is for Sophie to try it on in the morning... I "eyeballed" the size and am concerned that I may have made it too large. Only morning will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment