Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Photo of the Day April 25th


I tried a recipe from my favourite magazine today. I've been hooked on Country Living for a couple of years now... it's one of the few (okay, the only) magazine that I will read literally from cover to cover every month, and this month one of the features in the recipe section was about different meals you could create in a cast iron pan. I was intrigued by the Potato Cake with tart apples and Jarlsberg so decided to serve it up with a green salad for tonight's supper. It was pretty easy to make and quite yummy, although the mild flavours (yes, even the tart apples didn't seem that tart once they were baked) made it seem like more of a side-dish than a main. Luckily for us, we're having a dinner that calls for a starchy side tomorrow, so our left overs will be well used.
0

No comments:

Post a Comment