Saturday, March 28, 2009

Photo of the Day March 28th


Happy "Earth Hour" everyone... from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM we joined millions of people world-wide powering down all our lights and appliances in an effort to conserve energy and see what a big difference just one hour can make. I was reminded during this year's Earth Hour just how pretty everything looks by candle light, although Chris claims that barbecuing by candle light leaves much to be desired! I know I learned a lot during the lead up to Earth Hour last year... I was surprised how many "Vampire" power sources we had around the house, like the cell phone recharger we always left plugged into the wall so it would be in the same place whenever we wanted to use it. I found it a lot easier to power everything down this year, since we've reduced some of our "always on" electrical appliances already... How did Earth Hour go for you?
.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at the picture and realized that if you cropped it on the right side so that all you saw of the background was the wall, it would make another really interesting but abstract shot.

    D

    ReplyDelete