Monday, March 16, 2009

Photo of the Day March 3rd


Today was the big day - my mother and I began our vacation in the Dominican Republic! And what a loooooooong day it was... our Robert Q airbus picked us up at my home at shortly after midnight, which I tend to think of as Monday night since we hadn't been to bed yet. I thought for sure I would sleep on the airbus which didn't arrive at the airport until after 3am, but I guess the excitement kept me up. I was pretty pooped by the time our flight left Toronto shortly after 6am so I did manage about an hour and a half of sleep on the plane, the only downside being that it was during the in flight movie "Twilight" which I had really been looking forward to seeing! After enjoying the beautiful mountain scenery on the way from the airport to the Barcelo Puerto Plata resort, we found ourselves waiting at one of the plentiful bars for our room to be ready. Cheers to our first day of vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment