Thursday, April 15, 2010

Photo of the Day April 10th


I've been thinking a lot about Sophie's 5th birthday party over the last couple of days, which may strike you as silly since it's still a couple of months away - but I've always been the type to plan ahead, and when it comes to my little girl I want to make sure everything is just right. Last year we had her party at the London Children's Museum, and while it was good I was left a bit disappointed by the state of the party room (poor, and used both for the party and for storage) and the program (which didn't include any time in the museum exhibits, which struck me as very odd). So I've been researching locations, and with Sophie's help have narrowed it down to Storybook Gardens, The Little Gym, KidScape, or a new place in London called Once Upon a Teacup. I won't bore you with the exact details, but after comparing prices and amenities I found the front-runner to be Once Upon a Teacup, so we went there this afternoon to check it out (the fancy logo is shown above). It's so cute - it has a restaurant in front and a great big closet full of dress-up clothes for any child guests to wear, two gorgeous party rooms and tea services that are just the right size for kids. The snacks come out in tiered trays and feature such goodies as PB&J fondue and gourmet grilled cheese - if the dressing up, face painting and tea party isn't a big enough hit I'm sure the food will push any party there over the edge. Super cute, and Sophie's definitely sold... now I just have to start looking at dates.
0

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good mom. Your mother taught you well.

    ReplyDelete