Thursday, November 5, 2009

Photo of the Day November 5th

Happy Guy Fawkes day! Don't worry if you don't really know what that means... I didn't either until Chris explained it to me - the best I could do was "Isn't that the V for Vendetta guy?"
0
0
It was a bizarre day to say the least... I checked the weather network this morning and read that we should expect "mixed precipitation", which essentially means they know stuff is going to fall from the sky but they don't know what exactly it will be. Could be chickens, who knows? What we actually got was a strange mix of brilliant sunshine, violently dark clouds, gentle misting rain, blue skies, sudden hail, and pounding downpours. All of it - every 10 minutes. I snapped the above photo as I was heading out the door to pick Sophie up from school... large chunks of hail on a leaf from our backyard, and can you tell from the shadow that the sun is shining on them? Very strange, very strange indeed.
0

No comments:

Post a Comment