Sunday, May 3, 2009

Photo of the Day May 3rd


Mmmm... Sunday. And a beautiful Sunday to boot! It's been sunny and I've had all the doors open as I prepared tonight's dinner. We're having a traditional "Sunday Dinner", something that we don't do as often as I would like - it can be difficult with Chris's odd schedule, as many weeks he actually works on Sunday evening. But tonight we're all together, and will sit down over pork chops (and fish for me), corn on the cob, oven roasted rosemary potatoes, garlic-grilled asparagus and a home-made apple pie. Sophie's been my big helper in the kitchen today - she peeled all the apples for the pie, washed the potatoes, helped strip the rosemary from its stalk and blended up our marinades. Here, she's brushing the egg glaze on the top of the apple pie. I love my little helper, and we all love how the house smells when we bake an apple pie... sigh!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment