Monday, July 6, 2009

Photo of the Day July 6th

Happy Birthday to my Mom today!!!
0
As we tip-toe into the world of growing plants and veggies, several different pepper plants have made an appearance on our front porch. I selected the peppers with my husband in mind, ending up with Hungarian Yellow Wax (5,000 - 15,000 on the Scoville scale), Cayenne (30,000 - 50,000 on the Scoville scale) and Habanero (325,000 - 570,000 on the Scoville scale - OMG!) They're growing well, and I was pleased when watering this morning to see that one of our Cayennes has reached an excellent size... now we just need some heat to help it mature and develop its deep red colour and we'll be ready to start looking up recipes. Oh and in case you're wondering - I will be staying well away from those Habaneros.
0

No comments:

Post a Comment