Friday, January 22, 2010

Photo of the Day January 22nd


Well, it appears I spoke too soon with yesterday's post about no one laying on the couch under a blanket all day due to illness. After being up many times with a frustrated and coughing Sophie throughout the night, she is now surrounded by kleenex, a cup of water, a blanket and Nunu Kitty while watching cartoons. No school again today, and we've cancelled our Speech therapy appointment as well... I'll have to give some serious thought to whether she'll be well enough to attend dance class tomorrow afternoon. On a school-related note, I must give Tecumseh credit for their very thorough investigative process when Sophie didn't show up today. I was so tired after our long night last night that I forgot to call the school to let them know Sophie wouldn't be in, and by 10am they had called the house (I couldn't get to the phone), left a message on the cell phone, and called both Chris's mom Shirley and his sister Mary. It's good to know a student's absence doesn't go unnoticed, but I feel horrible that the secretary had to make all those phone calls and bad that both Shirley and Mary got a bit of a fright when the school called them. Good lesson for next time: no matter how tired and incoherent I am I'll take a few moments to call the school before they send out the bloodhounds!
0

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea that they call all those people though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think it's fantastic - just not so great when I know I could have saved the secretary a heck of a lot of time if I'd just been more "with it"!

    ReplyDelete