Monday, January 25, 2010

Photo of the Day January 25th


Before writing up and sending out my "Going Out of Business" notices last night, I spent the evening in the company of my Book Club discussing the novel Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. It was a fascinating read: a modern day Gothic-style ghost story that was at once compelling and slightly creepy... it certainly made for good conversation. My reading group has been getting together for seven or eight years now, with some fluctuation in members as new people join and others move away. There's an unchanging core to the group though: three or four members (myself included) who've been there since the beginning and who bring in new members on occasion - in fact our hostess last night was our newest member Lara, who did a great job making us feel welcome and providing discussion questions. Thanks for another night of excellent conversation ladies, and I look forward to seeing you all next month!
0

2 comments: