Monday, April 6, 2009

Photo of the Day April 6th


I spend roughly one evening a month in the company of a wonderful group of ladies (affectionately known as "The Gertrudes") when my book club meets. We were together last night at Tracy's home discussing the novel "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle", and our conversation was fascinating as always. The differences in our perspective on both plot line and character is always intriguing and it's interesting to watch how throughout an evening we can influence each other's overall opinion of the book we're discussing. Up next: we'll be talking about "Loving Frank" at my house near the end of the month - I'm looking forward to another great evening of thought-provoking conversation and kinship with The Gertrudes already!

1 comment:

  1. You sound like you have an interesting group. I have a book club of one. However, there is often disagreements from the members as to the plot, characterization and use of language. At the moment I am reading, The Reader, not so much for the book but to understand some of the scenes in the film that I felt were left too much to the viewers' imagination.

    DaD

    ReplyDelete