Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Photo of the Day June 2nd


A while ago I posted a photo of a very disheveled Sophie, still groggy from sleep but anxiously checking on her little potted Morning Glory to see how it was growing. I'm thrilled to say the little plant is still doing well, and growing taller (much to Sophie's delight) almost every day. In my whole adult life I have never had a plant in my house for this long without it dying from neglect... talk about the transformative power of having a child! I know Sophie would be devastated if it died, so I'm constantly watering it, making sure it gets sun, keeping it out of drafts, and so on. My mother's very natural green thumb (I was raised in a house full of plants) may have skipped me, but her instinct to keep her child happy certainly didn't. 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment