Saturday, September 12, 2009

Photo of the Day September 10th

Sophie's first day of Junior Kindergarten!!!
0
0
What an exciting (and slightly nerve-wracking) day - I'm so proud of my little girl. She was nervous to start Junior Kindergarten but was a real trouper, giving big smiles to her teacher Ms. Orr when we met her in the playground, and heading up the stairs into the school after getting kisses from mom and dad. We were all a bit on edge, unsure of what Sophie's reaction to "big kid school" would be... She's such an outgoing girl that I had been certain she would sail into JK as if it was no big deal, but as the day got closer I think the reality of what a big step starting grade school is really hit me. But I needn't have worried - after a couple nervous moments she took on Junior Kindergarten with her standard level of enthusiasm. I think I handled it well too... tears were definitely stinging my eyes but I managed to contain myself. I must say it felt so strange to walk away from the school without taking her with me... I hovered around for a bit after she went inside as if I didn't know what to do with myself! It's the start of an era, that's for sure.
0

No comments:

Post a Comment