Friday, September 25, 2009

Photo of the Day September 23rd

Happy Birthday "Unca" Wayne!
0
0
For dinner this evening I put together a home-made macaroni and cheese, or two of them to be precise: a large one for here at the house and a separate, smaller casserole for Chris to bring to work since the poor guy is working over dinner time tonight. I've never been one to make Macaroni and Cheese, having been raised on the all-Canadian-favourite of Kraft Dinner... but as I get more into home cooking (and further away from ingredients I can't pronounce, and that I suspect are also components of several major plastics) I decided to give it a shot. I based my recipe on one from Martha Stewart, with a few taste and texture changes to suit my personal whims. It turned out absolutely wonderfully, and Chris was perfectly happy to take a second serving to work for his dinner the following day as well... in fact, I was hard-pressed to keep him from snacking on it in between as well! Not bad for a first try, I must say - for the recipe feel free to click here.
0

No comments:

Post a Comment