Saturday, September 12, 2009

Photo of the Day September 11th


We've been trying to spend some quality time with family this week, which often means sharing a meal... the result is that I've been doing a lot of "from scratch" cooking over the past couple of days. On Wednesday Chris's mom Shirley and her friend Ross were over for dinner, so I made Curried Squash soup for us to share. To enhance the meal Chris and Sophie worked together to make Beer-Batter Cheese bread, and I finished it off with my Peaches and Cream tart. While Sophie was at school yesterday I started working on dinner for tonight, the many-stepped Boeuf Bourguignon. In a nod to the movie "Julie and Julia" which I saw with a friend last week, I used Julia Child's recipe... proof that the movie left me feeling extremely inspired, since being a vegetarian I can't actually enjoy the end result. Today I made a Salmon Pot Pie to accompany the beef dish, ensuring that I had a yummy dinner as well... I think I'm going to have to take a day off cooking to recover from all this!
0

No comments:

Post a Comment