Thursday, October 1, 2009

Photo of the Day September 30th


Sophie and I came home from the gym this afternoon to the wonderful smell of onions, chilies and coriander because Chris surprised us by getting up early (he had worked until 7am) and starting work on dinner. Cheese enchiladas in green sauce... one of the meals we prepare that show me just how much my tastes have changed since Chris and I married. I was never a "spicy food eater", shying away from hot foods and rarely using anything spicier than black peppercorns to give a kick to my meals. Chris, on the other hand, loves hot peppers of all kinds and has kept an ongoing rotation of different hot sauces marching through our fridge for years. The idea of buying cheese with hot peppers in it (pepper jack??? what???) never occurred to me, and some of the dishes he prepared for me when we first met brought tears to my eyes... I was practically unable to eat them. Now, I'm the one buying pepper jack cheese from the market, and adding jalapeƱos to our chili, and growing hot peppers in our little front porch garden. Times, they are a changin'!
0

No comments:

Post a Comment