Sunday, August 23, 2009

Photo of the Day August 21st


Sophie and I got up bright and early this morning to make the long drive to Wallaceburg to visit my Grandmother, who lives at the Fairfield Park Nursing home there. We chose today specifically because several of our out-of-province relatives are here in Ontario for a cottage vacation and would be visiting Grandma as well... since we see them so rarely I wanted to be sure we had a chance to connect with them too. Sophie and I enjoyed visiting with Grandma for a couple of hours in her room before my Uncle Raymond and Aunt Maryam, my cousin Mark and his wife Karen, and their two children Zach and Emily arrived. With the big extended family all together we moved from Grandmas room to one of the common areas, a lovely lounge with a fireplace and a toy box... much chatting and photo-taking, great-grandchild cuddling and general visiting commenced. It was our first time meeting Emily (shown with Grandma and Sophie above), and both she and Zach are just gorgeous... some excellent genes are at work there! When our time with Grandma came to an end, our large family group went out for lunch before I started the drive back home to London. It was a long trip home (made even longer by the fact I got lost) but despite the slightly frustrating end to today's outing I'm so glad we were able to go and spend that family time together.
0

No comments:

Post a Comment