Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Photo of the Day March 16th

Sophie, Madison and Rhys wrap up their investigation of what's living near the compost bin (shiver)
0
Sophie's in heaven today: she not only has her cousin Madison here but Rhys came over too - she woke up this morning practically glowing with excitement. She and Rhys got a special treat as the result of Madison being here, because when the kids were playing out in the yard she asked me if she could help them find bugs and worms. We got out rubber gloves for everyone and off around the garden they went, pulling up rocks and looking underneath, overturning logs, digging around by the compost bin and pulling out all manner of squiggly and squirmy things to "ooh!" and "ahh!" over. If you know anything about me at all, you'll know that this is an activity I will never do with the kids. You want to make a caterpillar out of an egg carton, I'm your girl - you want to create a spider out of pompoms and pipe cleaners I can help you out... but the real thing? Forget about it. I did manage to act excited when they brought "the biggest worm ever!!!" over so I could look at it... I even suggested they give it a cool name before sending it back to it's family. Of course, then I shivered and ran inside to wash my hands and say "blech!" without them noticing... but I played my part.
0

No comments:

Post a Comment