Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Photo of the Day March 17th

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
0

It was nice to share part of St. Patrick's Day with Sandy and Madison... I was tempted to try my hand at making green eggs and ham for them for breakfast but settled on green milk, bagels and kiwi for breakfast instead. It's a sure sign of where you are in life when the green beer of St. Patrick's Day is replaced by green milk in a plastic tumbler, isn't it? Sandy got an additional dose of green from the green garbage bags she took down to my basement and filled with things that needed to be thrown out - Sandy's an uber-organizer, and loves getting her hands on cluttered and/or messy spaces. I have one heck of a disorganized and messy space in my basement, and Sandy's been asking to get at it for years... during this visit she actually had a crack at it. It's one of those things that would take days of concentrated effort to really organize, but she (apparently) had a good time making a little dent in it, and has agreed to come back later in the spring or early in the summer to help us get organized for a yard sale. I've wanted to have a yard sale for years, but am overwhelmed by the amount of stuff we have tucked away in the basement... I can't figure out where to start. Thank God for Sandy, who seems to have a knack at cutting past the overwhelming nature of projects like this - I'm so grateful for her help, and I think she'd do well if she started a business helping others organize their lives... I see shows on TLC about people decluttering other's homes, helping horders sort out their lives, etc. and I'm sure that Sandy would kick butt doing that for people. Where do I go to pitch a television show idea about her skills?
0

No comments:

Post a Comment