Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Photo of the Day December 23rd


I spent this morning spreading Christmas cheer as a volunteer gift wrapper at the Lindsay Square Mall, raising donations for Heritage Christian School, where my cousin Sandy's daughter goes. I love gift wrapping, and do not only my own with pleasure but often my mother's, and it turns out that my enjoyment of wrapping presents and my appreciation for volunteering couldn't have come together in a more appropriate way. It's fun to see what people are buying for each other at Christmas (clothes were the most frequently seen items) and a great challenge to figure out how to wrap some of the more interesting items that came across the desk, the clear winner of which was a 2L bottle of Coke. It was also a nice feeling to be able to provide a service that might be difficult for some to do themselves... we had a paraplegic gentleman come back about six times as he worked his way from store to store completing his shopping - I can only imagine the challenges he already faced just doing his shopping, let alone trying to wrap his purchases. Good feelings all around, and with a donation jar out on the counter for shoppers to throw in whatever they thought appropriate we seemed to raise quite a bit of money for the school as well. I've already told Sandy that she can sign me up next year if they continue the program - and I'm looking forward to it already!
0

No comments:

Post a Comment